While we were at the Mission home we felt like we were being fed with a fire hose. President Francis asked us to:
- Be in charge of the Ipads (all missionaries in our mission have one) and they are asked to use Facebook to proselyte for 1 hour per day
- Monitor Facebook and what is happening with our missionaries (and I have been a hold out for social media) Training sessions to be held on this.
- Help the missionaries with Family Search. (which we have used about 1 hour total) Give training sessions at the meetings with the missionaries, etc.
- Drive over the mission, meeting the missionaries and helping them with any thing they need. We are located centrally in the mission and will be seeing much of New York; regularly.
- Help with the Branch that we are assigned to; and assist the district missionaries where we can.
While we were in our interview President Francis asked us to read Doctrine and Covenants Section 31 together. He asked us to substitute our names into the verses and consider the promises were directly to us. Please read that section, it is wonderful!
We had a fun trip to the grocery store that was suggested to us. The name is Aldi's and we thought it was weird that you had to pay for the cart to begin with; but it was really crazy when we didn't get bags for our groceries. We laughed hard about getting groceries this way.
Here are some pictures of our apartment (which is really pretty nice).